Khurmani Apricots are grown in the sunny land of Khurmani. Khurmani apricots are dried to perfection, giving them a wonderfully sweet taste. They`re perfect for snacking on their own or adding to your favorite dish. Apricots contain vitamin A and C, as well as potassium. Potassium is important because it helps the body maintain normal blood pressure levels which can help reduce the risk of high blood pressure and stroke. Apricot is a fruit that has high nutritional values and high fiber content. It also contains Vitamin A, Vitamin B1, Vitamin C, Manganese, and Potassium. Eating apricots on a regular basis might help to lower your blood pressure and cholesterol levels as well as maintain your weight.
Apricots are known for their health benefits such as they contain antioxidants which may protect the body against different types of cancers like colon cancer or breast cancer; they can prevent cardiovascular diseases by regulating blood pressure and cholesterol level; they improve digestion due to their soluble fibers; it helps you sleep better thanks to its melatonin
Wild Apricot (Chulli)
It is particularly a very rich source of vitamin A, and also contains more carbohydrates, phosphorus & niacin than the majority of other common fruits.
- A tree ripens apricot is an excellent dessert fruit
- The fruits are more acidic than those of cultivated types & excellent chutney & jam are made.
- Chopped sweet kernels are added to kheer in the villages.
- They are sun-dried to make chalori, which is used as a sour agent in many fruit preparation.
- The seedling of wild apricot are used as rootstock for the commercial cultivars of apricot.
- Oil is extracted from kernels called chuli-oil widely used for cooking & medicinal purpose especially the massage of the body in case of arthritis. -